- The perfect fit for your 22” kettle (see gallery for exact dimensions)
- Charcoal basket holds one chimney-full (~80 – 100 briquettes) of coals that provides 8+ hours of uninterrupted low ‘n slow (225° F) cooking – that’s a lot of $$$ in charcoal savings!
- Or load up the basket with fully lit briquettes for high-heat cooking (400+ F) perfect for chicken or pizza!
- The removable water reservoir holds just over one quart of water for 5+ hours of steam generation (at 225° F) and creates an effective thermal barrier between the coals and the indirect cooking zone
- Ventilated bottom plate is great for lump charcoal users and makes cleaning up after the cook a breeze
What’s new? Let’s look a little closer at the new features of Slow ‘N Sear 2.0:
- The hand-welded water reservoir can be removed!
- Create a 30% larger sear zone for the perfect Cold Grate Technique sear!
- Holds 20% more water than Slow ‘N Sear or Slow ‘N Sear Plus
- Redesigned ventilation pattern in the base plate to maximize airflow even during the longest cooks.
- Stainless steel rivet-based manufacturing technique for the basket – simple, strong, and durable. Significantly reduces warping under high-heat conditions.
What makes the Slow ‘N Sear special?
The charcoal basket holds a chimney-full of coals and keeps them away from the side of the kettle. The basket holds more than twice as much fuel as a standard charcoal basket – you can cook for over 8 hours without needing to refill charcoal. But more importantly the basket helps keep heat inside the kettle so you’re not warming up the air outside the grill. This means more efficient fuel burn and your kettle will be less sensitive to ambient conditions (less babysitting the grill).
The removable water reservoir spans the length of the charcoal basket acting as a thermal barrier between the coals and the indirect side of the grill. When filled with water (it holds one quart) it generates consistent steam (5+ hours) at low ‘n slow temperatures providing moisture for smoke adherence and a humid environment that keeps temperatures stable across the entire indirect cooking surface.
Available at Johnstones North Vancouver and Surrey Locations.
We offer Setup and Delivery within the Greater Vancouver Area. North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Cloverdale, Surrey, White Rock, Abbotsford, Langley, Delta, Chilliwack, Whistler, Squamish, Pemberton and the entire GVRD.
You must call one of our stores to arrange delivery dates.
Deliveries are scheduled by phone
North Vancouver at 604-985-0234
Surrey at 604-372-4055
Please note we cannot offer next day delivery. We will do our best to fit you into the next available slot.
What's included with my delivery?
Our delivery teams will:
- Fire-test the product to ensure consistency of flame height and ignition, if there is a connected gas line, or LP tank filled. (excluding built-in grills)
- Check to insure all components are complete.
- Recheck fit and finish of barbecue.
- Demonstrate how to turn the BBQ on/off.
- Present owner's manual.
- Recycle your old grill, if requested.
Our delivery teams are not able to:
- Run gas lines.
- Connect NG built-in barbecues to gas line.
- Deliver or fill LP Tanks.